Meeting Minutes Archives
January 14, 2020 5:30 pm
President Thornton called the meeting to order with the following in attendance: Thornton, Brown, Lander, Pollock, Nagie, Bartley, Geist, Barra, Schuster, Henze, Vargo, Bosco, Bailey, Vernon and Strayer. Committee Chairs: Trimble, Zell, Carnegie, Dorenkott, Carty, Defilippo Guests: None.
• Region is working on a mission statement
• Region is looking into relocation of LEAD to make the location more central
SECRETARY: Report of December meeting minutes was provided.
MOTION: To approve monthly board meeting minutes report as submitted was proposed by Bosco, seconded by Nagie; motion unanimously approved.
TREASURER: Monthly treasurer’s report for December was provided.
MOTION: To approve the monthly treasurer’s reports as submitted was proposed by Brown, seconded by Bartley; motion unanimously approved.
MOTION: To approve the donation of $300 in proceeds from the holiday party to Guardian Angels Service Dogs was proposed by Nagie and seconded by Shuster; motion unanimously approved
• Jan – Façade Inspections
• Feb – Speed dating
• TBD – Storm shelter design
• TBD – WELL Building tour in Belle Vernon - Desmone
• TBD – Building envelope design
• No Report
PUBLICITY / ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS:
• Website – Still looking for past meeting minutes.
• Postcards – Post cards need to be sent so they arrive a week before the registration deadline
• Emails – Email blasts were sent for the January meeting.
• Total Membership: 104
• We are looking for a new chair for technical education. SSPC as transition.
PRODUCT SHOW/HOLIDAY GALA
• Holiday Party – 2020 will be at Chadwick again. Contract to be signed and returned. Begin investigation of possible new locations for 2021
• The first CDT class will be this Thursday. Seven people have signed up for the class.
• With the change in the CDT from certificate to certification CDTs will now need to log CE hours.
o All chapter officers and committee chairs need to submit updated biographies
• No Report
• Golf Outing – Spring outing will be Thursday, May 21st at Quicksilver.
• Thank you for the award nomination.
LONG RANGE PLANNING:
• No Report.
• Thornton continues review of bylaws and chapter guide
• No Report.
• MARC 2020 is in Harrisonburg, VA, April 2-5.
• CONSTRUCT is September 30 to October 2
MOTION: For adjournment at 5:53 PM, since there was no additional business before the board; proposed by Nagie, seconded by Bosco, motion unanimously approved.
Minutes respectfully submitted by Pollock.