Meeting Minutes Archives
November 12, 2019 5:00 pm
President Thornton called the meeting to order with the following in attendance: Thornton, Brown, Lander, Pollock, Nagie, Bartley, Geist, Barra, Schuster, Henze, Wygal, Bosco, Vargo, Vernon and Strayer. Committee Chairs: Trimble, Zell, Carnegie, Dorenkott, Carty, Defilippo, Bailey. Guests: None.
• Convention Wrap-up: President Thornton presented reimbursement breakdowns for members that attended the Convention (Thornton, Buirge and Keener). Next year’s convention is in Grapevine, TX, September 30 thru October 2, 2020.
• Emerging Professional: We need to start targeting and mentoring emerging professionals including new product representatives. Maybe create an ad-hoc committee.
• Region News: Look for an email from the region for education webinars and Region Mission Statement.
SECRETARY: Report of September and October meeting minutes were tabled for next meeting due to not having a quorum.
TREASURER: Treasurer reports for September and October were tabled for next meeting due to not having a quorum.
• January: Learning from Building Enclosure Failures.
• February: Speed Dating.
• Zell will get with Trimble to book Cefalo’s for January and February.
PUBLICITY / ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS:
• Website – Still looking for past meeting minutes.
• Postcards – Postcards were sent for the November meeting.
• Emails – Email blasts were sent for the November meeting.
• Total Membership: No Report.
• No Report.
PRODUCT SHOW/HOLIDAY GALA
• Holiday Party – Currently we have 20 tables registered; we need to get to 21; ideal is 25.
• CDT Classes will begin in January. Information is on the Pittsburgh Chapter’s website. Classes will take place at DLA’s (Bosco) offices.
• Outstanding Chapter Commendation Award: We did not receive the OCC due to not having our By-laws reviewed by the Chapter Board. See comments below.
• Region Awards: Are due December 31st.
• Potential joint meeting with GBA. Possibility of sharing contact list. Carty will stay in contact with Elisabeth Vdyawar, GBA Relationship Development Director. Also consider contacting Sean Sheffler of LGA who leads the AIA YAF (Young Architects Forum).
• Golf Outing – No Report.
• Confirmed we had 50 students attend the Student outreach program at CMU in October.
LONG RANGE PLANNING:
• No Report.
• Institute wants the Chapter By-Laws to be reviewed every year with the Chapter Board and have this recorded in the board meeting minutes.
• No Report.
• MARC is in Harrisonburg, VA, April 2-5.
• LEAD is not yet scheduled; likely end of August.
MOTION: For adjournment at 5:45 PM, since there was no additional business before the board; proposed by Henze, seconded by Barra, motion unanimously approved.
Minutes respectfully submitted by Thornton.