Meeting Minutes Archives
CSI Pittsburgh Chapter Board Meeting Minutes
April 09, 2019 12:00 pm
President Thornton called the meeting to order with the following in attendance: Thornton, Brown, Lander, Pollock, Nagie, Bartley, Geist, McNamee, Shuster, Henze, Wygal, Bosco, Vargo, Vernon, Strayer, Zell, Carnegie, Womer, Defilippo, Carty, Barra, Keener, Prindible, Dorenkott
• Early bird deadline for MARC extended to April 15th.
• Information on townhall meeting and link to recording distributed
• Institute information – Mark Dorsey to attend MARC
SECRETARY: February and March meeting minutes from the conference calls are submitted for approval.
MOTION: To approve the February meeting minutes as submitted was proposed by Bosco seconded by Nagie. Motion unanimously approved.
MOTION: To approve the March meeting minutes as submitted was proposed by Vargo seconded by Strayer. Motion unanimously approved.
MOTION: To approve February and March treasurer’s report was proposed by Vargo seconded by Bartley. Unanimously approved. (Note that some checks were moved to March from the report that was read at the March meeting.)
• April – Construction tour of Pressley Ridge School. Dinner to follow at
• May - Walking Tour of Pittsburgh Walk Pittsburgh $25 per person for tour with Walk the Burgh. Will have invoice for deposit. Nagie will send check. Looking at after tour social options.
• June – TJ High School is now available. Present awards at dinner afterwards. Thornton/Zell to discuss options for dinner.
• Ready for tonight. Working on May and June social meeting options.
PUBLICITY / ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS:
• Website –. none
• Postcards – none
• Specigram – Still needs new editor
• No report. Possibility of offering a free program as a joining incentive during the first six months as an incentive to participate. Start now as trial process under membership budget. Discuss as a part budgeting process in August.
• Phil Dorenkott / Leisa McNamee Next seminar: Phil setting up paint seminar with MBA. Tentatively Thursday, June 6th.
• No report
• Need bios on file to include with award submissions. Strayer will check with Bailey on availability of previous versions.
• Chapter received awards from region. Bailey for electronic communications (Specigram) and Defilippo for education program.
• May 29 Institute award deadline
• July 15 Outstanding Chapter deadline
• Chapter awards June
• No Report
• May 23rd at Quicksilver
• 13 foursomes signed up. A number of holes sponsors signed up.
• Working on additional hole sponsors and door prizes from participants.
• PayPal is up and running.
• Committee to select food options.
• Working towards September or October event.
LONG RANGE PLANNING:
• Chapter elections in April. Slate is Marty President 2020 Kelly 1st VP Lander 2nd VP Nagie Treasurer 2021 Geist Bartley Barra BOD 2022
• No Report
• MARC Greater Leigh Valley May 2-4 Back from the Future - Send email to Thornton if you intend to attend.
• Housing reservations are open for Construct. Registration is not open.
MOTION: For adjournment at 12:48 PM, since there was no additional business before the board; proposed by Vargo seconded by Henze. Motion unanimously approved.
Minutes respectfully submitted by Pollock.