Meeting Minutes Archives
August 13, 2019 5:25 pm
President Thornton called the meeting to order with the following in attendance: Thornton, Brown, Lander, Pollock, Nagie, Bartley, Geist, Barra, Schuster, Henze, Wygal, Bosco, Vargo, Vernon and Strayer. Committee Chairs: Trimble, Bailey, Zell, Carnegie, Dorenkott, Carty, Defilippo. Others: None.
President Thornton presented information about MetalCon Show taking place the week after the CSI Construction Show in October at the David Lawrence Convention Center. MetalCon is offering a free booth to CSI. Chapter would man the booth with members.
SECRETARY: Report of July meeting minutes at IKM offices provided.
MOTION: To approve monthly board meeting minutes report [as submitted] [as amended] was proposed by Bosco, seconded by Brown; motion unanimously approved.
MOTION: To approve monthly treasurer’s report as submitted was proposed by Brown, seconded by Vernon; motion unanimously approved.
Budget: To approve FY 2019-2020 Budget as submitted was proposed by Strayer, seconded by Vernon; motion unanimously approved.
COMMITTEE REPORTS: PROGRAMS:
• September: Opening Night at Over Eden-Tryp Hotel; presentation by Architect followed by Member recognition.
• October: Refer to attached Program Report. HOSPITALITY:
• Golf Outing – September 19th; working out contract with Pittsburgh North Golf Club.
• Holiday Party – December 10th; working on registration sheet.
PUBLICITY / ELECTRONIC CMMUNICATIONS:
• Website – Updated Certification Page.
• Postcards – Trimble will continue sending out postcards.
• SpeciGram – Bailey will continue editing his award winning newsletter.
• Total Membership: 105.
• No Report.
Page 1 of 2
• No Report.
• Chapter Awards: Will present Region Awards and Chapter Awards at September meeting; Strayer and Thornton to meet next week to finalize.
• Outstanding Chapter Award: Submitted
• Carty report the GBA outing was well attended and the chapter may gain two or three new members..
• Defilippo will contact CMU or other local universities for possible meetings. LONG RANGE PLANNING:
• Discussed updating strategic plan – check chapter tools on CSI resources. ARCHIVING:
• No Report. OLD BUSINESS:
• None. NEW BUSINESS:
MOTION: For adjournment at 7:09 PM, since there was no additional business before the board;
proposed by Brown, seconded by Vernon, motion unanimously approved. Minutes respectfully submitted by Pollock and Thornton.
Page 2 of 2